The Prize Money Scholarship 2023-24 Program is a financial assistance scholarship program of the Social Welfare Department of the Government of Karnataka for meritorious SC and ST category students. The contribution of this scholarship program is immense in making the dreams of higher education come true for economically backward students. Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Diploma and PUC (II) course students of Karnataka State can participate in this scholarship program.
The last apply date for this scholarship program is 31st December 2023. Therefore, the interested students must visit the official portal swdservices.karnataka.gov.in/swprizemoney/ of the scheme before the last date to complete the registration and application process.
Prize Money Scholarship 2023-24
The Prize Money Scholarship Program is a flagship program of the Government of Karnataka whose main objective is to provide financial support in the field of higher studies (Diploma, PUC (II), Under Graduate, Post Graduate) to students belonging to the Meritorious Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) category. Students can participate in this scholarship program online through the official portal and students can get upto 35,000 Rupees from this scholarship. The department of this initiative is Social Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka.
Interested students can complete the registration and application process through online by visiting the official website before the last date 31st December 2023. As this is a meritorious scholarship scheme, students must obtain minimum 60% marks in the last passed exam. But if the students get more than 60% marks then the chance of selection in the scholarship program will be more.
Prize Money Scholarship Overview
|Prize Money Scholarship
|Steps taken by
|Social Welfare Department
|SC and ST Students
|Diploma, Under Graduate, Post Graduate, PUC (II)
|Last date to apply
|31 December 2023
|Up to Rs 35,000
Prize Money Scholarship’s Eligibility criteria
SC and ST category students must follow the eligibility criteria before apply for this programme. There is no annual income criteria as well as age limit criteria so SC and ST category students from economically backward family can easily perticipate in this scheme if they have the required eligibility criteria.
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka state
- Only SC and ST category students can apply
- Applicant’s institute must be a government recognized institute
- Student must obtain a minimum 60% marks in the last exam
- Students who obtained first division in the last passed exam are eligible to apply
- PUC (II), UG, PG, Diploma course’s students can apply.
Step By Step Guide to appy for Prize Money Scholarship 2023-24
The online apply portal is swdservices.karnataka.gov.in/swprizemoney/. Students can easily apply and participate in the scholarship programme. Lets check the step by step guide.
- Step 1: Go to the Prize Money Scholarship portal swdservices.karnataka.gov.in/swprizemoney/ .
- Step 2: Again go to Online Application (passed in 2023 only).
- Step 3: Enter SSLC Board type according to your board (SSLC Board Karnataka/ ICSE/CBSE/Open School Examination/Without SSLC direct registration) from the list.
- Step 4: Provide the passed year and registration number of your SSLC.
- Step 5: Enter name of the student and personal details.
- Step 6: Also enter college and course details.
- Step 7: Fill the bank details.
- Step 8: Upload scanned documents.
- Step 9:Finally submit the application form.
- Step 10: An acknowledgement slip will generate which will contain your registration number.
- Step 11: Take the print out for future use.
Prize Money Scholarship’s Amount
|Under Graduate Degree Course
|3 years Diploma in polytechnic courses
|PUC (II) course for Passed out
|Post Graduate Courses
|Professional course (Veterinary/Agriculture/Medicine/ Engineering courses )
Last date to Apply for Prize Money Scholarship
The last date to apply for Prize Money scholarship is 31st December 2023. Interested students must apply in the scholarship programme before the last date.
Required OGPA/CGPA Marks
|First class and Distinction
|9.0 and above
|Only First Class
|8.0 to 8.99
|6.0 to 7.99
|Non credit course
Status Check Process Of Prize Money Scholarship
- Visit https://swdservices.karnataka.gov.in/swprizemoney
- Now go to the Application Status option
- Select view report by Applicant No. Wise or College Wise
- Enter applicant number if you selected Applicant No. Wise in the view report and click on view or
- Select District and college, Taluk, Course Completion Year if you selected college wise option in the view report and click on view.
Required Documents For Prize Money Scholarship Application
- Residential certificate of the applicant (For Karnataka state)
- Last passed exam marksheet
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook
Helpful contact Details
|Prize money scholarship Helpline
|Query mail id
The last date is 31st December 2023.
PUC (II), Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Diploma courses are eligible